UTERINE FIBROID EMBOLIZATION...
Uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) is a minimally invasive procedure used to treat fibroid tumors of the uterus which can cause heavy menstrual bleeding, pain, and pressure on the bladder or bowel. It uses a form of real-time x-ray called fluoroscopy to guide the delivery of embolic agents to the uterus and fibroids. These agents block the arteries that provide blood to the fibroids and cause them to shrink. Studies have shown that nearly 90 percent of women who undergo UFE experience significant or complete resolution of their fibroid-related symptoms.
Facts about UTERINE FIBROID EMBOLIZATION:
1. This is a non - surgical procedure with very little downtime.
2. We don't leave scar behind!
3. You will be awake during the procedure.
4. You can go home shortly after the procedure!
5. Women can maintain fertility after the procedure and can go on to become pregnant after the procedure